Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kind People

Wow. I am so, so, so, so NOT a wedding planner. It's not pretty when an obsessive compulsive, anal retentive person no longer retains control of life or limb. (OK, slight exaggeration, but you get the drift.) Please send out a cosmic prayer, chant, mantra, or all of the above to Melanie now :)

Needless to say, in the midst of all of this, I am so thankful for all of the kind people out there. We thank all of you for the supportive and congratulatory phone calls and e-mails we have received. Believe me, this means more to us than you will ever know.

Wonderful folks have even suggested hosting gatherings to celebrate the wedding. This is miraculous to me because I have only once had anyone (thank you, Melanie) convene a party specifically in my honor. So, the fact that people are taking the time and showing the interest in us and our upcoming nuptials is beyond heartwarming.

As the pace of life seemingly continues to accelerate and the demands on our time ever increase, I don't want to miss the chance to thank folks for what really matters, which is your love and support. So...nothing academic for today's blog, just lots of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment